Dr. S C Mittal
M.Sc., Ph.D; F.F.S.S.I; Dip. P.Tech.
Dr. Mittal joined CFSL/CBI, New Delhi in 1970 and retired as Principal Scientific Officer-cum-Assistant Chemical Examiner to the Government of India in the year 2005 on superannuation on attaining the age of 60 years. He received two years extensive and systematic training in all aspects of Questioned Documents Examination at CFSL. He did one year Certificate Course in Forensic Science from University of Delhi and six months Diploma in Paper Technology from Forest Research Institute, Dehradun. He had also received training at University of Cambridge, UK on Economic Crimes and was also trained by Microsoft Corporation- U.S.A. on Software Piracy and Anti-Counterfeit Product Identification. He had examined and given opinion on about 3300 cases consisting of more than 5 lakh exhibits and appeared as expert witness in more than 1800 courts including the High Court of London, where his opinion was accepted.
Signatures, Addition Alteration and Erasures, Traveler Documents like Travelers Cheques, Visas, Passports, Credit Cards, ATM Cards, Driving License and Identity Cards.
- Appeared in more than 1800 courts including High Courts.
- Member for designing security features and numbering in Stamp Papers.
- Designed Advocate Welfare Fund Stamps for Govt. of Delhi.
- Appeared on different T. V. Channels (Headlines Today, Aaj tak, Star News, ZEE News, 24X7 News, India TV, X News) to discuss different issues and current problems in Forensic Science.
- Speaker of All India Radio on regular basis on various problems of currencies, signatures, cyber crimes, etc.